Mill Valley Aware promotes healthy community norms and actions to reduce alcohol and drug use and abuse by youth and adults.
- Community support for the physical and mental health of our youth
- Fostering resiliency, agility, adaptability and safety for our youth
- Providing for an open and informed dialogue about drugs and alcohol in our community
- Reduce high school alcohol and marijuana use.
- Increase awareness that use of alcohol and drugs among youth and adults in Mill Valley exceeds the California average.
- Increase awareness about the health and legal consequences of alcohol and drug use.
- Change Mill Valley norms regarding alcohol and drugs to reduce the incidence of underage use.
Who We Are
|Mill Valley City Council||Stephanie Moulton Peters, Vice-Mayor|
|Mill Valley Recreation||Jenny Rogers, Director|
|Tam High School Administration||JC Farr, Principal|
|Mill Valley Middle School Administration||Mike Nelson, Vice Principal|
|Tamalpais Union High School District||Leslie Lundgren, Trustee|
|Mill Valley School District||Robin Moses, Trustee|
|Mill Valley Police Department||Angel Bernal, Chief & Kyle Maxwell, SRO|
|Board of Supervisors Representative||Maureen Parton, Aide to Supervisor Kate Sears|
|Tam High Foundation||Sarah McNeil and Dana Baker-Williams|
|Tam High PTSA||Christine Hildebrand and Nancy Belza|
|Mill Valley Middle School PTSA||Suzi Andrews, President|
|Substance Abuse Professionals||Tim Cermak & Mike Webb|
|Restorative Justice Professional||Don Carney|
|Mill Valley Civic Group(s)||Richard Rider, Rotary Club|
|Communications Chair||Willow Older|
|Steering Committee||Stephanie Moulton-Peters, Co-Chair|
Deborah Holley, Co-Chair
Jenny Rogers, Staff Liaison
Volunteer Coordinator - TBA
|Data Analysis & Research||Dr. Timmen Cermak|
|Education & Program||Dr. Timmen Cermak|
MV Recreation Dept. Teen Division - Patty McCulley & Gus Sandage
MVMS - Anna Lazzarini & Mark Nelson
Jenny Rogers - Director, Mill Valley Recreation
Nancy Belza - PTSA
Christine Hildegrand - PTSA
How Can You Help? Volunteer.
You can make a difference in our community. Let's have a conversation about your role.